Welcome to Include Wales - hello!
You can find out all about Catch22 Include Wales on our website.
Our school mission is to find ever better ways of supporting, motivating and inspiring our students to be as
successful as possible in the future.
Our students come to us at various points during their primary and secondary schooling – usually as a result of their previous placement having broken down, whether through ill-health, behaviour issues or other difficulties – frequently
feeling less than positive about themselves and their life chances.
Our job is to help get them back on track, either through a return to regular schooling or by completing Year 11 with us, so that they emerge prepared to make a positive contribution wherever they go next. The education and care provided to
the students who come to us are continually improving, giving young people quality access to an education – whatever their starting point. This will set them on the right track for the rest of their lives.
Our learners deserve a quality education delivered by skilled, passionate People with high aspirations whose Purpose is to deliver a diverse, accessible curriculum leading to positive outcomes in a Place that is a safe, high quality, appropriate school setting. Read about our two "Places" below:
Catch22 Include Newport (Primary)
Catch22 Include Wales (Newport Primary) delivers a full timetable alongside the national curriculum covering
Numeracy, Literacy, ICT, Citizenship and Personal, Social, Health Economic Education (PSHEe). All students
participate in regular feedback with staff in order to encourage their personal development and to ensure the
best outcome when they begin to look to returning to a mainstream educational setting.
Our aspirations for all pupils:
• To be the best they can be
• To have ambition and show resilience and determination to reach their goals
• To enjoy achieving and to be rewarded for effort
• To actively engage in their learning, with the staff and to feel part of the community
• To receive quality, inspirational teaching
• To develop into confident, happy and healthy young people
• To be reflective in their learning
Catch22 Include Caerphilly (Secondary)
Catch22 include Wales (Caerphilly) provides full-time, alternative, secondary education for young people aged
13 to 16-years-old who have had difficulties in mainstream school or other educational placements. We offer
courses, known as Bridge Projects, which are designed to provide a safe, steady path for learners towards a
successful education. Learners are supported in transition, helping them to progress to a positive destination at
the end of year 11. The Catch22 include Wales (Caerphilly) programmes give each learner the opportunity to
achieve their potential by providing:
- small working groups
- individual educational programmes, agreed with the learner, parents or carers
- individual support, emotional support and behaviour management
- positive, focused and realistic target setting
- qualified, experienced staff who prioritise child protection and safeguarding
- an excellent track record helping learners make the transition at 16-years-old to Coleg Gwent, Coleg y Cymoedd, apprenticeships, training and employment
- involvement and participation for families and carers
- comprehensive and effective working partnerships with a range of agencies, including social services, Careers Wales, youth offending services and community police.
Learners are also given guidance regarding online child safety and exploitation. Read the latest information from CEOP about keeping children safe online or to report any concerns regarding online safety; please visit of Safeguarding and E-Safety pages for more information.
Catch22 provides young people aged 4-18 with alternative education in order for them to progress and succeed in sustained education or employment. We do this through high quality teaching and learning based on effective relationships that enable the achievement of life skills and meaningful qualifications.
Catch22 include School Wales is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Registered Company No: 02429781 | Registered Charity No: 0803333
Registered Office: c/o Catch22, 27 Pear Tree Street, London EC1V 3AG
Company Secretary: Daniel Jansen